Youngsoo Lee is a partner at Verve Law Group. He is a distinguished advisor with over 10 years of experience of helping clients solve critical problems involving business and intellectual property law. Youngsoo was selected as a Southern California “Rising Star” by Los Angeles Magazine in 2013-2016.
Youngsoo advises clients on a range of legal issues, including contract, corporate organization, M&A, financing, online data privacy and intellectual property. He has extensive experience negotiating and drafting various commercial contracts relating to the purchase and sale of businesses, financing, intellectual property licensing, and manufacture and distribution of goods. He also has substantial experience in prosecuting and defending copyright and trademark claims and counsels clients on registering and protecting copyrights and trademarks. Youngsoo has served a wide array of businesses from a small start-up companies to multinational corporations, including software companies, electronics manufacturers, investment funds, banks, fashion/clothing companies, and retailers.
Representative matters include:
- A game publisher's acquisition of a U.S. video game company.
- Representation of a lender in an industrial project financing of over $110 million.
- Counsel for a lender in a construction loan for a skyscraper project in downtown Los Angeles.
- Counseling app developers, online video game companies, and online merchants on complying with online privacy laws, such as the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA).
- Representation of game and software companies for various agreements, including software licensing, development, and publishing agreements.
- Advising and negotiating for manufacturers in connection with various distribution agreements and reseller policies.
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.S. Chemical Engineering, 1997)
- University of California, Davis (J.D., 2006)